Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quick peek at the peeps

 It is late and they are tired.. eating and sleeping at the same time. I need to move the feeder so they spread out more. Just as soon as the batteries charge and there is some daylight, I'll post more pictures!

The red ones are Rhode Island Reds-10, the black ones with the white spot on their head are the Barred Rocks-10, the speckled/stripey ones are Ameraucanas-10... the yellow & gray & lone white ones are the guinea fowl.



30 chickens and 6 guinea fowl!  I almost got ducks.. seriously thought about it.. but I have to wait and get these little ones settled in first.
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! We SO want to start raising chicks but we're just not 100% sure yet. We've never done it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've raised wild birds that fell out of the nest many times..but this is my first shot with chickens. 30.. all I have to say is what the hell was I thinking?!? Oh yeah.. I was thinking 15 was good... until I listened to my Mom.

    4 for a backyard.. perfect. Right now it is romper room. It takes 4 to 6 months until they are of age to start laying.

    ReplyDelete