Sunday, June 6, 2010

Digging yet another bed

So I have planted and planted.. gave away tons of extra transplants... I still have a ton left and need another raised bed. It will have to wait for awhile though... my husband had an incident yesterday while prepping a roof. He lost his footing but didn't fall... he was tied off. The incident happened after he regained his balance... turned his head and pine needles stabbed him in the eye.

Now he looks like I have socked him. He finally just got to sleep a few minutes ago. We will be headed off to the optometrist when they open. Keep your fingers crossed.. he's not one to complain and right now it is so painful he is miserable (and exhausted). Those pine needles are wicked sharp, like little daggers.

... Ok got back... got him situated... fed, eye drops, hydrocodone, drink, in bed as comfy as currently possible. 4 mm puncture of the cornea (it is kinda comma shaped) at the 6 to 7 o'clock position. Thankfully it went in sideways as opposite to straight in.

I've been outside weeding and watering... trying to keep the house as quiet as possible so he can sleep.

I picked spinach, dill, chives, basil, summer savory, snow peas, sugar snap peas, radish, arugula, some onion greens, some garlic greens, kale, lettuce... all of which will be going into tonight's dinner. Sliced grilled chicken in mixed greens salad with creamy homemade herb dressing... and a simple garlic, sesame & ginger seasoned stir fry (also with chicken) and rice. I will probably end up making brownies once it cools off too.

Back to the garden I go.. I have 2 hours yet to get some things accomplished before I have to scrub up and administer his eye drops & pain medication again.


No comments:

Post a Comment