Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Duggar nightmares

I am not kidding... the Duggars are frequent participants in my nightmares. Usually it also involves some sort of infomercial product. Why yes, I do fall asleep with the TV on at night.

Really, if every family tried to follow their example, the planet would be trashed in a decade. Yes, it is refreshing to see well mannered kids, but they go beyond sheltered to life in a bubble.

Fine, whatever if they try to impose on their kids to not even kiss until marriage. The dress code and strict conduct is their family's choice. Homeschooling that many kids of different ages, I don't see as a feasible task to do and still maintain quality.

This is what does irritate me... actually it terrifies me and saddens me at the same time too. They believe in creationism. The parents have only taught their kids that the world is 6,000 years old. Now if someone wants to believe in creationism vs evolution, fine, lovely, that's your choice. However, when they try to shoot down science without actually comprehending, listening or learning about the methods used, that makes me angry. Especially when the only validation they have is pointing to their version of the Bible and saying "because it says so." Not good enough. If you are going to take the position to look down or discredit someone about a belief, at the very least make an honest attempt to listen and learn about their evidence as to why they believe what they do.

In the meantime, I need to figure out how to block that channel so the nightmares stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment